Join Australian Champion Blacksmith Terry Drennan for a lesson in the custom built blacksmithing shop.
Extend your blacksmithing skills even further in this two day project class where you will take your skills to the next level. Make a traditional hatchet or pattern-welded knife in a range of styles such as a dagger, skinning or kitchen knife.
Pattern welding is the practice in sword and knife blade making originally used to blend certain qualities of steels to obtain strong but flexible blades. Today pattern welding it is used only for cosmetic reasons. The process can be likened to that of making puff pastry where the metal is folded over and flattened many times.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL: Cost includes tuition, materials and meals. This workshop has a prerequisite of Blacksmithing Basics and Blacksmithing Advanced.
You need to know
• Participants must be 16 years and over (excluding our Teen workshops)
• Prerequisite: These apply for certain blacksmithing workshops
• Please note bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Participants must declare any condition or injury which may impact their ability to successfully complete the workshop.
• Please contact Cobb+Co Museum on 07 4659 4900 to discuss your suitability for this workshop.
• Please bring bottled water and closed in shoes.
• For catering purposes, please supply us with information about your allergies and intolerances on the payment page.
Full Price $420
Cobb+Co Museum27 Lindsay StreetToowoomba
Saturday 20 - Sunday 21 November 20217am-4pm each day
9 hours per day (over 2 days)
Group bookings can be made by contacting Cobb+Co Museum on 07 4659 4900.
Patrons with accessibility issues are asked to contact Cobb+Co Museum on 07 4659 4900.